- We believe that in God's kingdom children are precious and valuable (Mark 10:14). It's important to teach children deeper truths of God's Word in a fun and engaging way that invites real conversation.
- We believe that it is our job to help equip children and families with tools to dig deeper every day of the week, not just on Sundays. This is best done through community and relationships built with families and kids.
- We believe that children's ministry isn't for teaching moral truth, but biblical truths that acknowledge God as a living and active presence in our lives. Children's ministry is for the whole family. This is why we encourage parents to become volunteers and to get involved. We transparently want to partner with you in discipleship, and the active work of "...Christ being formed in you" and your family (Galatians 4:19)
The Children's ministry at Gateway is first and foremost a community. If joining the Children's ministry is part of making Gateway 'home' for you, we would love to welcome you into the community! This area of ministry is constantly changing and growing just like the kids and families we serve. So if there is anything that you might want to try that's not listed , talk to our Children's Ministry Co-ordinator Breann MacDougall; we would love to create a space for you.
Here are some areas you could serve in:
- Sunday school team as a helper or teacher
- Researcher of all things kids
- Creative designer
- Sunday new families kid check host
- Kid check host
- Kid expert and greeter
- Nursery helper
- Go-for - This person is flexible and able to help out in any capacity. To grab something or set up another thing... this job is for the most adventurous spirit!
- Videographer/Tech person
- Birthday ministry
- Snack team
- Market kids team (Tuesday afternoons)
- Adventure Camp - various roles
- Special event person
- Anything else, sky's the limit!
- Parks program (new this summer)
Sunday Morning Services: Every Sunday our amazing Sunday school teachers are here at 9 am and 11 am services for babies to grade 5. Our lessons are biblically grounded and engaging. Our curriculum focuses on teacher the Bible with real life applications.
Neighbourhood Market Kids: As an outreach and investment in our local community we host a craft table every Tuesday from 4:30 - 6:00 pm for any kids at the Gateway Neighbourhood Market. Often this informal event is a highlight for volunteers and kids alike.
Special Events: From pumpkin parties, Christmas pageants, to Easter hunts; Gateway's Children's Ministry is constantly on the go! The events are always a lot of fun. They are designed to honour God and build community through the natural rhythms and seasons of life. This is naturally a great time to invite family and friends that don't normally attend church. Be sure to stay in the know by subscribing to our children's ministry email list.
Special Nights for Families and Parents: Our ministry by God's design is for both children and families. These nights are special opportunities for either parents or families to learn more about parenting issues or simply to build relationship with their children and the Gateway community.
Christian Adventure Camp: This annual summer camp is for kids from grade 1 through 5. From campers to volunteers, everyone agrees that this is the place to be in the summer as we soak up God's Word and have a blast making new friends! This low-cost camp fills up fast so invite your friends and be sure to register online.
Summer Parks Program: This drop-in program is new to Gateway. Kids and families are invited to come on out for a couple of hours to enjoy FREE activities and fun this summer. Our purpose behind this program is to build a stronger community and relationships. Jesus did life in community with others; we simply want to do the same!